Monday, November 12, 2012

Don't forget to say I love you...


Two things have warmed my maternal heart lately. first off, I showed up at my kids' school to pick Grace up and just so happened to run into Connor with a few of his friends. He immediately ran up to me gave me a hug and said "I love you mom." I noted right away that he had zero reservations about doing this in front of his peers. My heart melted.

Secondly, I went upstairs today to put clothes away in Austin's room and found sticking on one of his over sized posters, old notes I have written him. I then went into Halee's room and found one of my "I love you Halee" notes sticking to her mirror. I realized then and there that even though I may be crabby and impatient at times, my kids really do love me a whole heck of a lot. I also realized that writing my kids love notes now and then isn't a waste of my time. It's a treasure.