Monday, April 30, 2012

Mid valley blossom boogie...

I decided to run a really small race about 10 miles from here. My friend Tia was running and I decided, what the heck...why not? We ran the 10k and I went into it knowing basically nothing about the course. I have to say though, it was beautiful. Very scenic. At one point a baby bull got out of it's fence and started running beside us. It was something I have never experienced thus far in running, and probably never will again. We took a slow pace, and for the first time ever during a race, I could breathe and take it all in. Instead of focusing on running my rear off, I was able to enjoy my surroundings. It was very hilly but because of our 10 min. pace the hills felt great. Having company was awesome. It's a race I would love to do again in the future.