Sunday, July 17, 2011

Halee's Trek update...


Hi, this is Halee, I'm not gonna lie, I seriously did not want to go on trek. I tried to find any kind of loop hole to get out of it. If you know me I am pretty shy, and I do not like being put out of my comfort zone. So when my parents told me I had to go, I was pretty angry. but now that I went I am VERY HAPPY they forced me to go.
One of the experiences on the trek that I had that was hard, is that on the second day, all the boys had to leave their families to go to "war". This meant that the girls had to push the handcarts without them up a very steep hill. Half way up the hill we could see the boys and they were cheering us on, but they couldn't help us yet. But when the leaders said they could help us, they jumped in there as fast as they could and took off! They didn't just lazy around, I mean they rushed in and gave all the girls a break and pushed it the rest of the way up the steep hill. I thought that was pretty cool.
Pushing that handcart everyday, for miles and miles, really helped me realize what the pioneers went through. And we only got a small taste of it, and let me tell you, it was very hard work! I think it is so amazing that the pioneers did that for the gospel. And that shows that the gospel really is true. Because seriously, who wants to hike over miles and miles of hills, and through deep muddy water for a stupid and pointless cause?.... not anyone I know! So I am just really happy I went, and if I could do it again I would do it in a heart beat. I really had an amazing experience on trek!