Sunday, July 11, 2010

Half Marathon At Smith Rock

The 1/2 marathon my friend and I started training for 2 months ago came and went yesterday. We drove up near Bend Friday night and stayed the night. It was me, my good friend Tammy and her sister in law Lauren...also my friend. We ate out and stayed up way later then we should have, and then couldn't sleep even when we tried. It was a loooong restless night to say the least. But thank goodness for adrenaline! We all have good run days and bad run days, and we felt very blessed to have a "good" run day, meaning we were able to breathe, had very minor side aches, and not too much pain (except the last mile.)We met our goal on time too which was all I asked for! It's such a good feeling to accomplish something you have worked your tail off for. Finally the hard work and training came through and I felt so grateful for the experience. I have to thank Tammy for always pushing me and being a fast runner because it inspires me to be ther best I can be, which is really hard at times. I'm thankful we all did it!!