Thursday, January 28, 2010

From One Sweet Tooth To Another

I've always been a big fan of exercise, but anyone that knows me knows that I'm an even bigger fan of cakes, donuts, cookies, and cream filled chocolates. After Scarlett was born I went a little crazy (especially around Christmas) and gave into any and ALL cravings. Well, I have to say about 6 weeks ago the guilt began to set in. I purchased an elliptical from Costco and starting working out 3 days a week. This wasn't enough to keep me motivated. For me, it tends to be all or nothing...so I went to 4 days a week. That wasn't enough either. So, I am now doing the elliptical 5 mornings a week, and my wonderful friend who is helping me to get my rear end in gear is running with me 3 nights a week. For some weird reason, when I'm am exercising my rear end off, I am so much stronger when it comes to turning away food. I haven't touched anything sweet at all for two weeks now, and I'm feeling sooooooooo happy about that!!! NO MORE SWEETS I tell ya! I've come to the realization that it's not that hard to have some self control. It's all in my mind when I think I have to give in to the treats. I have been exposed to them as my husband and children are thoroughly enjoying brownies, (or like Sunday) Pound cake...one of my favorites. I'm on sort of a power trip at present, and I'm loving the control. I'm going to just say NO to those sweets...most of the time that is.