Thursday, December 21, 2017

Yes, I cried...

The kids and I witnessed something beautiful today. We were sitting in our parked car eating lunch when we looked across the street and saw a large man (who appeared to be homeless) in a brown coat. He was pulling bags and belongings that looked to be heavy and nearly unmanageable. He wanted to cross the street but the bags kept falling off the dolly he was using. My heart broke watching him. Just as I was telling my boys to get out of the car and help him, a young man in his 20’s pulls over his car, gets out and helps this man with such tenderness that tears welled up in my eyes. It didn’t help that silent night was playing in our car. We were all touched as this young man helped this older man carry his stuff....loaded it in his own car and gave this homeless man a ride to wherever he was trying to reach. I told the kids that we had just witnessed something you don’t see everyday and that we were truly privileged to have had front row seats to such a beautiful situation. I wanted to tell to that young man that his mother had done an outstanding job raising him. I wanted to thank him for being an example to my own boys. I wanted to hug him for being so Christlike. I’m so thankful to have witnessed this...