Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The safest place on earth...

I have this photo of our home hanging in our guest bedroom. Every time I look at it I feel happiness. It represents love and memories. We've lived in this old farmhouse for 7 years now. Scarlett was 1 when we moved in and recently turned 8. Halee was 11 and is now married. I say that out loud and perspective hits me like "bam."

The smells in this home will always be a part of us. The oldness to some could mean yuckiness, but to us? It just means home and love and happiness. The creaky dented wood floors means life exists here. Children reside here.

The old porch with chipped paint has evidence of children running, scooters scootering and bikes biking (I get really mad about that by the way) but again...it means we are living and children are here.

Home...wherever it may be truly is a temple. It's the safest place on earth and I wouldn't trade the love, happiness of memories for anything.