Monday, August 14, 2017

Blessings beyond measure...

Something occurred to me this past weekend. On April 14th, 2017 I had another baby. His name is Jared Thomas. 

Halee and Jared drove here on Thursday all the way from Alaska (52 hours) on their way to rexburg for Jared's last semester.

This is the first time I've really seen with my own eyes, my daughter married. And by "seen" I mean, in action. I can say with complete confidence that Jared treats Halee like a queen. He's putting her needs above his own in all situations that I encountered with them. He's holding her hand, hugging her close, kissing her. Looking at her for no reason at all other than total and complete adoration. I recognized that look because that's how Chris looks at me. (I'm still not sure why.) 

Chris and I came away this weekend feeling so blessed to have him as a son in law. I don't have to worry about my daughter. He will take care of her no matter how hard he has to work at it. 

She is safe.