Monday, May 22, 2017

Looking back but moving forward...

Have you ever heard that saying "hindsight is 20/20?" It's definitely true. But I also believe that blurry vision can be a good thing. We make mistakes and grow from them and if everything was always clear as crystal what on earth could we possibly gain? Finding our way is where the learning happens.

I came upon this picture (hiding in the attic) of myself at age 17. A slew of memories flooded my mind as I looked in the eyes of this young girl. A girl trying desperately to fit in. One with so many dreams. A girl that's made mistakes but is resolute to move in the direction God would have her go. One who is afraid of what the future holds but more of afraid of not knowing what that future is. It was very surreal looking at this picture. Especially now that I'm raising teenagers and they too, I'm sure have the same questions and struggles and joys.

Connor saw the photo and said "this looks old and vintage. Are you sure you were real?" I'm not sure what that means but I know for a fact it was very real indeed.