Sunday, November 23, 2014

I feel my saviors love...

This is one of my favorite photos. A reminder that the savior has a love for all. No matter where you are, or who you are.

A very special thing happened to me today. To our family. A knock came at our door around 9:30am. Chris answered it and I could hear from my room a young lady crying and begging for help. I heard her saying "my mom left me all alone at my house." And "I need to get to church...I need help." And "I don't know what to do...please help me?" I rushed into the room to find a woman about 30 years old, much younger mentally, and very afraid and alone. She had an oversized coat on and carried a bible.

As I listened to her something happened to my heart. It opened up and I felt an outpouring of love and compassion for this woman I had never felt for any other stranger. My heart literally swelled. I would have done or given anything to help this sweet, scared woman. I hugged her. I vowed to help her. I reassured her. Chris brought her to her church where she felt safe, and no longer afraid.

It was an experience Chris and I both think did not happen by chance. It's easy to get caught up in life. Or should I say "lifeless" things. I needed to be reminded that the saviors love is the greatest love that has and WILL ever exist. I felt a little taste of his love when my heart opened up today. I felt the love for this woman that the savior feels for me. 

I needed that. And someone knew that I needed that.