Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I say TOUGH, you say MUDDER. Tough Mudder! Tough Mudder!

We did it. We finally did it. I have never done a race like this. I'm used to running. Not jumping in 30 degree water...crossing 28 rungs of monkey bars...jumping over 12 foot walls...or getting shocked. But after doing this race I am so glad I did. I conquered fears I didn't think I could conquer. I went into the race hoping not to skip any of the obstacles and with the support of all my friends and husband cheering me on, I got through it. Chris did amazing. I didn't know what to expect from him because he never does stuff like this, but he was flying over the walls and kicking butt big time. I was a proud wife indeed. How hard was it, one might ask? Physically Chris and I both agreed we wish it had been a little more difficult. But mentally? Game was ON. I really had to talk myself into jumping off the 15 foot high plank into water. That was my hardest one mentally. Physically the hardest was jumping into ice water. That hurt BIG TIME. All the obstacles in between were challenging but mostly fun. Would I do it again? Probably not. I loved the experience, but concluded in the end that running and only running is what I find most rewarding. But oh so happy I can say that I DID IT.