Sunday, June 23, 2013

Epicness...

12 of us girls did Epic relay for the third year in a row. We ran 187 miles between all of us. It's a race similar to child birth. You hate it while it's happening because you run for two days straight on a few hours of sleep, then it ends and you're ready to do it again a year later. My 1st run was 4.72 miles. My 2nd was 8.56 miles and my 3rd was 4.30 miles. On my longer run Tammy jumped in and did 2 miles of it with me to help the time go by fast. That was the funnest run of my life. We could see a guy running up ahead of us about a 1/4 mile or so and we became determined/obsessed to catch him. He kept looking back at us with fear in his eyes. Bwahaha...it made me laugh. I finally caught him but didn't have it in me to pass him....he wore on my heart because He was having a really tough time and was a new runner. I stayed with him to the end and we ran it together. That was fun and made the time fly by even faster. I love meeting new people who run. I feel their pain and they feel mine. I paid Tammy back and ran a mile with her on her last run that was nearly 80 degrees. I jumped out of the bushes and scared the crap out of her. It was awesome. True friendship...that's all I have to say. It was one of the best years ever. Every single girl who participated was amazing and not just as runners. As people. As mothers. As friends. I learned a lot about each of them and I will take all that knowledge and use it to better myself. Thanks again girls for another great relay.