Monday, September 24, 2012

Kiss me dirty, 2012...

So, a bunch of us girls decided many moons ago to do a mud run. The date finally arrived this weekend. After much preparation of transforming ourselves into "girls from the hood" we were ready. The night before the race we pooled together our hoodlum gear (necklaces, fake tattoo's, dark makeup, etc.) and got to work. It was pretty hilarious to see some of these ladies looking so "tough."

The race itself was muddy and delightful. One of the obstacles was a down hill slip n slide. The water tank was not working so we all decided to "roll" down instead. Um, not a good idea. I guess we aren't 16 anymore. A few girls got sick and puking was on the horizon. Luckily, they gained control and no more rolling took place.

We crawled through mud and took full advantage of it. We were determined not to walk away covered in mud. Main objective? Get as muddy as possible. Mission accomplished. I even had mud in my eyes. Yuck.

After the race, we went back to our room and showered like crazy. I showered for 30 minutes, and when I dried off? Dirt was there on the towel. Are you kidding me?? Oh, well. A few showers later, I was finally clean again.

Tammy and I stayed an extra night for some extra girl/shopping time. Every girl needs a vacation now and then, and I'm so thankful to have her as my vacation/goodwill/deseret industries buddy.(Don't ask.) We know how to rock a vacation. We also met up with our friend Alexis, and had dinner and laughs.

It was a great weekend full of hot muddy mama's...and lots of fun and laughter.

Until next time...