Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Little acts...


As a mom I have noticed that I love my kids so much, that it's almost too much to handle. As a result I want to tell them all the time that I love them (okay maybe not all the time) but pretty close. Saying it doesn't seem to be enough, and so as moms, I think we find little ways to say it, without actually saying it. Today I said it to Christian, by removing his shoes and dirty socks after being at school for eight hours. I didn't even realize I was saying it, until he looked at me removing them and I could swear his eyes were saying "I love you too." It meant so much to me, and really hit home to me of how awesome love really is. It doesn't have to be said all the time. It can be demonstrated, illustrated, spoken, and most of all given. I need to remember to show it as often as possible and in as many ways as possible.

Gosh, I think Mothers everywhere are such awesome creatures. I think of my own mom and all the little things she did to say I love you. She wasn't ever late to pick me up from an event. I knew no matter what, that I could count on her. She always laid our church clothes out the night before church...once again reminded us with out saying it, that she loved us. She did little things like this all the time. And I believe Mothers everywhere do it all the time too...every single day...without even knowing it.