Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I know you!!!


One of my favorite scenes from the movie Hook is when one of Lost Boys realizes it's Peter Pan. The little black boy touches Peter's face for a good minute (as if peeling layers off of him) , and says "Oh there you are Peter!" That's how I feel about my Scarlett, since my kids started school. Ever since she was born it has never been just her. Since school began, I have been spending 4 hours a day, with just her and I. I really do feel like I am peeling layers from her, and saying to myself..."Oh there you are Scarlett." It's a wonderful feeling. I love to hold her in my arms while rocking her in the rocking chair, singing "Rock A Bye Baby." I love to read books to her. I love to have her follow me around while I clean house and do laundry. I miss my Grace, and all of my other lovely children, but it's good to see Scarlett through new eyes.