Monday, February 14, 2011

Running out of air and loving it...


I had decided that while in Hawaii for the 10 days that we were gone, I would take a vacation from running. This would normally not be a big deal, but crazy me had signed up to do a 10k two days after we got back. Just as I suspected it was not an easy run. My body didn't ache, but my breathing seemed to be nonexistent. Luckily I had my friend Tammy there (who had been faithful and ran while in Hawaii) to root me on and help me through. We finished in around 56 minutes, and with how I felt, I am pretty happy with the time. The funny thing about running is that you sometimes want to die during races, but afterward it's the biggest rush that it kind of makes it all worth it. It reminds me a little bit of childbirth...minus the sweet baby. I love it, and even though I want to die doing it sometimes, it really is all worth it.