Monday, February 23, 2009

Curly Headed Freak...

is the nickname my older sister April so lovingly designated for me as a child. I used to hate, hate, HATE my curls. It was only later when we were grown that she admitted she was only being a jealous sister and I grew to be content and even excited to have curls. I can understand why she gave me this horrid name though because I used to be so jealous of my younger sister Gina because of her beautiful long blond straight hair!!! This is what happens in a house full of girls! My mom had very straight hair and had no clue how to style curls. They were always brushed giving a major frizz fest effect! I have noticed especially lately that my little Grace has my curls. This is just what mine looked like at her age. I have made it a point in my house though that no name calling is EVER allowed! That doesn't mean it never happens (because I am realizing kids are far too sneaky) but oh boy, there are serious consequences to this rule! Hopefully Grace will love the hair I always hated, and appreciate me for scrunching it and not brushing it!! hehehe.