Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Home Schooling....


So, most of you know that our kids go to a private school and that it is VERY small. Halee is in 5Th grade, and 5Th through 8th is combined totalling about 25 kids in those grades. The whole school has around 50 kids total. Anyhow, Halee is friends with all the 6Th grade girls because there are no girls in her grade. To make a long story short, all the 6Th graders went to an outdoor school program this week leaving Halee with no one anywhere near her age (except boys.) So, I arranged with the Teacher to do her work at home this week. I have to say I have learned two things from this so far. One...I could DO this if I really wanted to, and actually have fun with it!! And, I'm wondering why Halee is at school for 8 hours when we got her work done in half the time? I love that my kids are happy in school, and I will continue to send them because I am just not enough of a super mom to take that on, but I do wish there wasn't so much wasted time! Sorry to sound negative. All in all, I loved having Halee around and helping and watching her learn. It was great! :)