Tuesday, June 19, 2018

The Fathers in my life...

I learned from a very young age the importance of a father. My dad worked hard to provide for our family. I think he must wonder at times if he worked too much. If he could have been there more. These are questions we ask ourselves after the fact...I’m learning that more and more as a parent. I say this, and I mean this unequivocally. You gave me the grandest gift I could have ever asked for. You worked extra hard so that my Mother could be home raising me. So she’d never have to feel obligated to go to work. You put miles on your car for travel. You flew in airplanes to destinations required by work. You couldn’t have wanted to be away. It is a whole lot easier to stay in your house or work 9 to 5. But you did it day in and day out so my mom could stay home with me. I see this as a sacrifice that is priceless. I’ll always love you for that.

I can say the same regarding my husband. He’s done everything in his power to provide for myself and our children. He regularly gives the kids the food off his plate. Literally. 

How blessed I am that I had a father who by example facilitated my desires to find a man who’d treat myself and children so very well. 

Happy Father’s Day to the greatest men I know...