Saturday, May 19, 2018

Worthy memories...

Grace and I pulled out my running medals that I’ve done over the past 8 years. My kids love to admire each one and compare and contrast the colors and quality of each medal. Tonight while looking at them it reminded me of each and every race and the differences between them. Some were much much harder than others. There were a few I felt great in and others where I had such a bad headache afterward I thought I might die. Or where my body hurt so bad that I could barely walk. Or others where I’d literally fantasize about stopping and sitting on a nearby park bench and just give up. But I kept going. I couldn’t help but recognize that my races are like life. Some moments are more difficult than others but you just have to keep going...one step at a time. And looking back (just like life) I wouldn’t change any of the difficulties I endured because it made me stronger.