Sunday, June 11, 2017

NKOTB...

At the tender age of 12 years old I remember being so in love with Jordan knight (new kids on the block) that it hurt. My insides felt completely twisted and I felt desperate, DESPERATE to get in touch with him one way or another and spill my feelings for him. And of course he'd love me back, despite my frizzy hair, braces and shy personality.

Life doesn't always end up like we think it will. I had the opportunity to see Jordan in concert, now 27 years later. Do I still love him? Well....not quite. Is he still a great performer? Yes. But is he the Jordan I knew 27 years ago. No. Is he the man of my dreams? No. Times change...plans change. Eyes change. Chris is my crush now. Jordan will just have to find himself a new girl to love. My best friend is in love with him and her husband has given her special permission to be shared with Jordan so at least I know he'll be taken care of. 

I will always and forever remember that 12 year old girl though. The one who dreamed big.