Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Eve, 2016...

My Christmas Eve began with a run with my sweet Halee. I've absolutely loved having her home even if it's only for a week. Running before I bake with six kids keeps me from turning into a monster mom. It's a must. That's pretty much what we all did the rest of day. Cooked and baked. Then we got to eat it all up. We of course did our Christmas pageant and the kids insisted that our 4 lb dog play the part of baby Jesus. Heaven help us all. Then of course it was Jammie time. That was interesting because for the first time in many years I promised the kids slippers. Here's how that went: Austin's were too large. Grace and Scarlett's were too small. Crying from Scarlett ensued. I will never do slippers again. Ever. That's okay though, in the end the crying children realized I wasn't going to be much sympathy for ungrateful attitudes. So luckily that didn't last long. 

This has been another beautiful Christmas Eve with the people that bring me the utmost of happiness.