Saturday, April 2, 2016

You can run...

A while back we had a sweet boy that we go to church with come down with a, what you would think would be a normal cold/flu. Somewhere through the process of the illness he lost all feeling to his lower extremities. This boy (Kyle) speaks up often at our church to share his love for the gospel. He always has something inspirational to share, and tears are shed every time he speaks up. He is one wise little boy. He was in need of a new wheelchair and the family and his school put on a race to raise money. I had the opportunity to participate. It was a hard 6 miles for my friend and I. A lot of hills...a lot of whining from both of us. I couldn't help but later think to myself "You can walk...you can run. How could I have complained?" I feel guilty for that. I learned something from this. To be grateful. To give. To not complain. To be like Kyle and look at the bright side of life.