Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Florida, 2015

Favorite highlights from our trip. I would say one of the best was watching the sunsets from our balcony. That was flipping amazing. Honestly we mostly swam in the pool...hung out in the hot tub, played at the beach. All those good, cheap, never gets boring kind of things. We rented bikes one day and explored Sanibel Island. Can you just envision a family of 8 riding around town? It was pretty hilarious but went a thousand times smoother than I expected. It helps a lot that our kids are getting older and I don't have to worry as much for their safety. We ate out way to much. We stayed up late every single night watching movies and eating junk food. I feel fat....Very fat. We went on walks. The kind where you go on a walk in the evening and you're so so so happy that it's 70+ degrees and you're not at home where it's freezing cold and rainy. But the very best part of the trip was what we could get anywhere, anytime, if we are willing to make it. TIME. The time without work, studies, and stress was something I could never put a price tag on. I loved that we had no obligations. 14 days with no worries. Just time with my family. That for sure was the very best part. Love you, Family.