Sunday, October 5, 2014

Late night chats...

 Quick update on homecoming. Halee had a great time with her two friends. It definitely wasn't the usual "church dance" Halee is used to, but she knew it wouldn't be. The punch bowl was being guarded by teachers, a kid snuck alcohol in, passed out and had to be taken away by ambulance. There's really no "traditional" dancing...rather, it's more or less "grinding" on the dance floor. Those were the negatives for Halee, but she's found friends (especially the girl pictured here) that share her standards, and they all made the best of it, and had a blast in spite of those things.

I waited up for her and she showed up at 12:45am. We talked for quite a while. I love that she opens up to me...because in all honestly I'm here to listen to her take on life because she's very perceptive....I truly admire her and the wisdom she's gaining at such a young age. I can tell you this much...she doesn't get that from me. I'm very proud of this little girl of mine that is becoming a woman before my very eyes.