Thursday, September 4, 2014

You can do hard things...

I threw my daughter to the wolves today. Or at least it felt that way when I dropped her off at highschool with 1500 other kids.

This is her first year at a big highschool. Her tiny private school only goes through 10th grade and halee is a junior this year. She came from a school of 50 kids total. FIFTY. Needles to say she was a bit of a nervous wreck this morning. But I'm so proud of her courage and tenacity. This has been her decision...and she is a girl that will persevere even if it's difficult. And seeing that in your own child is comforting in a way that's really hard to verbalize. It's a reassurance that she'll be okay no matter what she does. Love you halee bug.

P.S it was just yesterday that I dropped you off at kindergarten.