Thursday, August 21, 2014

Memory...

I read recently about nerve impulses related to the smell receptors. Apparently these receptors are closely associated with the part of the brain important in memory and emotion. 

Sometimes I smell smells from my childhood and it's literally like being there again. It's very surreal and I even get homesick once in a while when this happens. Like biscuits from my Mamaws kitchen. When I smell biscuits, it's always going to trigger that part of my brain that remembers and cherishes this memory.

I kind of felt this way when my dad sent me this pic the other day. How grateful I am that when I see this photo I feel joy, safety, love, happiness. It makes me miss those days so much. I'm blessed that I had a good and wonderful childhood.

Here's the scary part...my parents were 6 years younger than I am now...gahhhh!!!!