Friday, March 21, 2014

17 wonderfully blissful years...

When Chris and I got married 17 years ago, we chose to have our anniversary one day after my husbands birthday. Yesterday he turned 44. And a day after I celebrated the fact that he was born, I celebrate being married to him. 

To understand how our love works you have to understand the history of love in my husbands family. Chris told me a story the other night of his father, who never would buy anything for himself. He was one of the most selfless men you could ever know. He never missed an opportunity to open the door for his wife no matter where they were or what they were doing. He constantly showered gifts upon his wife, but always went without for himself. 

One time He wore a pair of cowboy boots so long that the heels finally wore completely off. He went into the store to buy new ones, and the lady helping him look at him hobbling in on heeless shoes and said "boy, it looks like you could use a new pair of boots!" My heart melted when Chris shared this story with me about his father. I drew so many parallels between Chris and his dad at that moment. Chris would give me anything in this world if I wanted it. But the only thing I truly want is him. He is honestly the most steady, loyal person a girl could ask for. I can say unequivocally, that every day I know without a doubt that I am loved.