Sunday, August 11, 2013

Making children into runners...

When I first started running over 3 years ago I never realized that my life wouldn't  be the only one impacted. My children seem to think that running is a true privilege that once they get older they will be able to fully embrace. This past week in fact Scarlett has been begging me to "take her running!" I finally took the time this evening and we went on a 1/4 mile jog. The look on her face was priceless. She looked proud to be running. She felt so good about herself doing this. When we ran back home we could hear the other kids in the distance chanting in unison "lets go Scarlett, lets go" over and over. Scarlett beamed. It made me realize that even though I take time away from the family to run, the payoff is more than just me staying in shape. It's a teaching tool to set goals and better yourself. This was happy realization for me.