Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I love my family so much...




Chris' mom and 5 siblings came to stay with us from Utah for over two weeks. It was such a house full. We literally had all five bedrooms in the house completely full, and still had stick Chris' brother Dennis on the couch.

We had a great time boating three weekends in a row. Picking blackberries and making pies. Playing Mafia, sardines, and all kinds of fun games. It was tons of laughter. Yes, there were times where we felt crammed, and there was lots of chaos, but it was worth the memories created.

I learned from Chris' teenage siblings that they are such great kids. Every single day almost, Natasha age 17, would ask to borrow my scriptures. She would read for a long, long time too. Dennis age 16 talked about how he literally can't wait to serve a mission. All the kids glowed with a testimony of the gospel, and seemed to know who they really are. Chris' mom and dad have done such a terrific job raising these kids. And especially his mom because she has done it alone since my father in law passed away 3 years ago. They were an example to me, and I am grateful to have had so much time to get to know who they really are.