Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's our anniversary!!


Okay, I have been trying figure out how it's possible that I am now in the TEENS (13 years today) for how long I have been married. Does time really go by this fast?? It seems like such a short time ago. This means in 13 more years I will have been married 26 years. And the scary/sad part is that it will be here in the blink of an eye. I love Chris so much that I do not want it to fly by. But that is the beauty of having a forever family. I WILL be with this man forever, so why the sadness?? I'm now focusing on how blessed I am to have Chris in my life forever.

I woke up at 8:30 am today. Church starts at 10. We leave at 9:40. I had little time to get my children fed, diapers changed, hair fixed, teeth brushed, and then myself dressed. But when I got up, the diaper bag was packed with diapers, bottles, toys, and paper and pens for entertainment at church. Chris was feeding the kids malto meal, and 4 out of 6 kids were dressed. It doesn't stop there...the dishes were unloaded, the house was actually pretty darn clean. The greatest part is that this is not abnormal for us in the least Who makes breakfast in the morning at my house? Chris. Who helps me bathe and feed kids? Chris. Who takes the time to tell kids stories from the scriptures on a level little kids "get?"...Chris. Chris doesn't view our marriage as anything less than a loving, selfless partnership. He knows that when we work together, we love each other more. I cook sometimes, he Cooke's sometimes. I change Grace, while he changes Scarlett. He makes breakfast, I make dinner. The list goes on. We make an awesome team! If I start to lose it, he is there to pick up the slack. If we both lose it, and can't hardly stand the chaos, we are there to pick it back up together. Times aren't always perfect, but we choose to make things work even when it isn't easy. I love him and I am truly grateful to him for striving every single day to make me a happy girl. He has succeeded.